It's been a long time since I rocked n' rolled . . .
Well, not really . . . at least it's been a long time since I rocked n' rolled here on my blog. I've been hella (as my bay area buddies would say) busy w/ work. I'm gonna get a little bit technical here so if I lose you . . . too bad, so sad, don't get mad, get glad . . .
Well, in 1 month I had a major project to do in C#. It was pretty hectic, especially when you factor in that I had to learn how to use a 3rd party tool (for C#) at the same time. They're documentation sux like hell. Well anyways, there were basically 5 of us working on different areas of the system (well actually 4 were working on system wide development while I was developing and implementing a more local, but significant feature of the system). Anyways, my mind has been gone, especially these last 2 weeks. For example, I did some stupid ass code to assign an event for each right click menu (context menu item) for a control:
As you can see w/ the above code, I really did some stupid ass shit. I felt like I was doing some of the stupid shit when I first learned programming. Granted, the actual code I was working on had more processing than this and I simplified for the sake of simplicity (hahaha stupid me) but what I did was just plain dumb on my part. I mean the names of the columns were available to me through properties of the grid. So imagine if I wanted to add another column, I would have to add another event method, then assign it to a right click menu. Fuck that . . . good thing my colleague saw what I was doing and helped me to simplify it to something like this:
Basically, just replaced a bunch of lines of unnecessary lines of code w/ 2 lines of code that will take care of all that processing during run-time.
Sorry I tried to keep it as simple as possible. If you wanna learn some more look here, here, and here.
Well what else has happened since then? Crazy ass reunion - haven't seen these friends for 5 years - freakin' aye, it was crazy (I mean in a wierd nostalgic way)!?!?! I met up with them at their sister's baby's 1 year old birthday party, and then partied later that night at Whisky Sky. I used to be really close to their family, but . . . shit happens. Too bad we lost touch with each other. Hopefully it won't be another 5 years till we all hang out again.
Saw a Martin Nievera concert at the Rio. My cousin is friends w/ him - they use to play ball here at 24hr Fitness Sport while my cousin was still in the Air Force. That was a cool concert - he sang really well and there were a few pieces of eye candy to look at. I had to party right afterwards and I got crazy drunk (krunk). Oh yeah, we did model shots that night, but that will be a post for the future.
Basically, right now this is the type of life I've been living for the past 2 years . . . work hard, play hard . . . really. It takes a toll on your body, which is why I really like that one day of the week I just have to myself (totally bummin' it). For example today is that day this week (Sunday). Usually just workin' during the week, but when it's thursday, friday, and/or saturday (fuck, when it's 3 days in a row . . . nm) bring out the music, girls, and alcohol!!! I hope I can start to restrain myself more rather than binging on these 3 days. Because usually that's how I party - I don't drink or smoke regularly; but when I'm partyin', I'm PARTYIN'. However, I try to limit my cigarettes to 2 per night of partyin'. However, when I'm partyin' w/ people who smoke, much more difficult to keep this personal promise. Here's my apologies to all those that I usually bum cigarettes off of . . . I'm sorry for being a bum and taking your cigarettes while I'm drunk. Hey, it's an even trade; you give me a yosie, I give you a piece of my life. Thanks though for contributing to my eventual lung cancer.
Oh, also been playing ball at the MGC. Well, I've actually been doing this for the last year and a half, but never mentioned it. I love it . . . playing indoors is so much more different than playing outdoors. I swear, my blacktop game is nothing compared to my indoor game. But no excuses, I should adapt to any situation/environment.
Anyways, I've been thinking about getting back into JAVA. (Read this sentence like a monotone robot)Got some ideas of my own, don't know what environment to develop in, need to do more research. I swear, why is it even till now that we imagine a robot speaking in monotone? That's the wierdest fucking thing. We have speakers for God's sake which can project polyphonic sounds. I don't know though, we'll see whether I develop in .NET or JAVA (or both ;P).
Sorry if my blog looks like shit. I've been meaning to mess around w/ the CSS but am too fucking lazy. I'll do it sooner or later, just not now.
But right now . . .
Well, in 1 month I had a major project to do in C#. It was pretty hectic, especially when you factor in that I had to learn how to use a 3rd party tool (for C#) at the same time. They're documentation sux like hell. Well anyways, there were basically 5 of us working on different areas of the system (well actually 4 were working on system wide development while I was developing and implementing a more local, but significant feature of the system). Anyways, my mind has been gone, especially these last 2 weeks. For example, I did some stupid ass code to assign an event for each right click menu (context menu item) for a control:
...
// rc1 & rc2 are names of columns on a grid
rc1 += new event(rc1_click);
rc2 += new event(rc2_click);
...
private void rc1_click(object sender System.Args e)
{
if rc1.hidden
{
rc1.hdden = false;
rc1.show();
}
else
{
rc1.hidden = true;
rc1.hide();
}
}
private void rc2_click(object sender System.Args e)
{
if rc2.hidden
{
rc2.hdden = false;
}
else
{
rc2.hidden = true;
}
}
. . .
As you can see w/ the above code, I really did some stupid ass shit. I felt like I was doing some of the stupid shit when I first learned programming. Granted, the actual code I was working on had more processing than this and I simplified for the sake of simplicity (hahaha stupid me) but what I did was just plain dumb on my part. I mean the names of the columns were available to me through properties of the grid. So imagine if I wanted to add another column, I would have to add another event method, then assign it to a right click menu. Fuck that . . . good thing my colleague saw what I was doing and helped me to simplify it to something like this:
...
for each (column in grid)
{
//[] also indexed by string
rc[column.name] += new event(rc_click);
}
...
private void rc_click(object sender System.Args e)
{
rc.hidden = !rc.hidden;
}
Basically, just replaced a bunch of lines of unnecessary lines of code w/ 2 lines of code that will take care of all that processing during run-time.
Sorry I tried to keep it as simple as possible. If you wanna learn some more look here, here, and here.
Well what else has happened since then? Crazy ass reunion - haven't seen these friends for 5 years - freakin' aye, it was crazy (I mean in a wierd nostalgic way)!?!?! I met up with them at their sister's baby's 1 year old birthday party, and then partied later that night at Whisky Sky. I used to be really close to their family, but . . . shit happens. Too bad we lost touch with each other. Hopefully it won't be another 5 years till we all hang out again.
Saw a Martin Nievera concert at the Rio. My cousin is friends w/ him - they use to play ball here at 24hr Fitness Sport while my cousin was still in the Air Force. That was a cool concert - he sang really well and there were a few pieces of eye candy to look at. I had to party right afterwards and I got crazy drunk (krunk). Oh yeah, we did model shots that night, but that will be a post for the future.
Basically, right now this is the type of life I've been living for the past 2 years . . . work hard, play hard . . . really. It takes a toll on your body, which is why I really like that one day of the week I just have to myself (totally bummin' it). For example today is that day this week (Sunday). Usually just workin' during the week, but when it's thursday, friday, and/or saturday (fuck, when it's 3 days in a row . . . nm) bring out the music, girls, and alcohol!!! I hope I can start to restrain myself more rather than binging on these 3 days. Because usually that's how I party - I don't drink or smoke regularly; but when I'm partyin', I'm PARTYIN'. However, I try to limit my cigarettes to 2 per night of partyin'. However, when I'm partyin' w/ people who smoke, much more difficult to keep this personal promise. Here's my apologies to all those that I usually bum cigarettes off of . . . I'm sorry for being a bum and taking your cigarettes while I'm drunk. Hey, it's an even trade; you give me a yosie, I give you a piece of my life. Thanks though for contributing to my eventual lung cancer.
Oh, also been playing ball at the MGC. Well, I've actually been doing this for the last year and a half, but never mentioned it. I love it . . . playing indoors is so much more different than playing outdoors. I swear, my blacktop game is nothing compared to my indoor game. But no excuses, I should adapt to any situation/environment.
Anyways, I've been thinking about getting back into JAVA. (Read this sentence like a monotone robot)Got some ideas of my own, don't know what environment to develop in, need to do more research. I swear, why is it even till now that we imagine a robot speaking in monotone? That's the wierdest fucking thing. We have speakers for God's sake which can project polyphonic sounds. I don't know though, we'll see whether I develop in .NET or JAVA (or both ;P).
Sorry if my blog looks like shit. I've been meaning to mess around w/ the CSS but am too fucking lazy. I'll do it sooner or later, just not now.
But right now . . .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home