Jap Mission #1 - Observe the Art of Engrish
Don't know if you know what Engrish is, but here's some pics Joel and I took of Engrish in Japan:

This was in Kamakura, at one of the many Shinto Shrines (Kamakura Hasedera - The Hase Kannon Temple) nearby the DaiButsu (Big Ass Buddha).
This was above a sink in one of the restrooms of Tokyo Tower.
Stairway in Tokyo Tower.
LOL - That's me in Roppongi Hills.
Outside wall adjacent to a bar in Roppongi Hills. (Freakin' Joel, he was supposed to take this picture and make it look like I was going pee, but he took it too close.)
Walking on our way to Kamakura Hasedera.
Sitting at a rest area in the Hase Kannon Temple. In fact, this was the first shirt we saw that day that really made us crack up. We had to take a picture of it.
--Edit 29Aug2005 - Sorry but didn't realize that words don't show up clearly. It says, "My Heart Has Had Resort Feeling!" on the top. On the bottom, "Speaking Seriously, Vacation From Today!!"
This shirt (it says, "Hello! Hearing Dog") was THE ONE that made us crack up for the longest time. Just think about how stupid this shirt is . . . LOL
Yeah I know, this isn't Engrish. But I had to post it up because they actually had a store called Condomania in Shibuya.
This was taken in Tokyo Disneyland in Tomorrow Land. You'll never ever see a shirt like this in the States. Disney won't allow it.
Hey, I wanna be a Beaver Brother and explore some canoes!!! (Tokyo Disneyland, Critter Country)
The Japanese were able to put their own touch on Mexican Food! (Tokyo Disneyland, TomorrowLand)
I wish we took more pictures of Engrish, but once we were there, we just got used to it. Only at spontaneous times did we remember to take pics. But seriously, it's everywhere. You'd think that since English is mandatory to learn in Japan that there would be someone to proofread their Engrish before they publish it. Oh well . . . more entertainment for us English speakers!
This was in Kamakura, at one of the many Shinto Shrines (Kamakura Hasedera - The Hase Kannon Temple) nearby the DaiButsu (Big Ass Buddha).
This was above a sink in one of the restrooms of Tokyo Tower.
Stairway in Tokyo Tower.
LOL - That's me in Roppongi Hills.
Outside wall adjacent to a bar in Roppongi Hills. (Freakin' Joel, he was supposed to take this picture and make it look like I was going pee, but he took it too close.)
Walking on our way to Kamakura Hasedera.
Sitting at a rest area in the Hase Kannon Temple. In fact, this was the first shirt we saw that day that really made us crack up. We had to take a picture of it.--Edit 29Aug2005 - Sorry but didn't realize that words don't show up clearly. It says, "My Heart Has Had Resort Feeling!" on the top. On the bottom, "Speaking Seriously, Vacation From Today!!"
This shirt (it says, "Hello! Hearing Dog") was THE ONE that made us crack up for the longest time. Just think about how stupid this shirt is . . . LOL
Yeah I know, this isn't Engrish. But I had to post it up because they actually had a store called Condomania in Shibuya.
This was taken in Tokyo Disneyland in Tomorrow Land. You'll never ever see a shirt like this in the States. Disney won't allow it.
Hey, I wanna be a Beaver Brother and explore some canoes!!! (Tokyo Disneyland, Critter Country)
The Japanese were able to put their own touch on Mexican Food! (Tokyo Disneyland, TomorrowLand)I wish we took more pictures of Engrish, but once we were there, we just got used to it. Only at spontaneous times did we remember to take pics. But seriously, it's everywhere. You'd think that since English is mandatory to learn in Japan that there would be someone to proofread their Engrish before they publish it. Oh well . . . more entertainment for us English speakers!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home