Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tell Me Who's Got Their Facts Correct . . .



This is the Japanese version of the "Rape of Nanking" from the War Memorial Museum, Yushukan, at the controversial Yasukuni Shrine.

Quite peculiar how each country has is its own version of history. For example, to America it was the American Revolution; but to the British, it was the American Rebellion.

Back to the pic, when I learned about the Rape of Nanking in college, I'm pretty sure it was an unbiased account of the atrocities that the Japanese inflicted on the Chinese in Nanking during WWII. Why'd I think like this? Because at the time, America had no involvement in the war (and plus, I learned about this in college, not high school w/ all the propaganda stuff).

Stuff like this [in the museum] sort of pissed me off especially since the Japanese tried to play off their innocence in the "incident."

I'm not saying that America is perfect (hey, do I need to mention the War on "Terrorism"?), but we do fess up and apologize when we did something wrong (i.e. slavery, japanese internment camps, etc.).

Furthermore, the Japanese had the nerve to say that America "forced" them to bomb us at Pearl Harbor. Woooooh, I wish I took a picture of that, but that part of the exhibit was too big (there was a whole timeline with the Japanese justifying its eventual decision to bomb Pearl Harbor because of key US economic embargos and sanctions - bullfuckingshit). Yeah, we wouldn't provide you w/ the materials to manufacture the weapons to attack/invade the other peaceful countries in Asia?!?! LOL. So it's our fault that your soldiers started to die faster when trying to invade the other southeast Asian countries?!?! OMG . . .

Man, I wish I could tell about the "other historical facts" they presented in that museum.

Oh I'll tell you this if you didn't want to click the link about the controversial Yasukuni Shrine. The reason why it's controversial is because the Yasukuni Shrine is a Shinto (which is a religion that was supposed to be separated from the state [government] by the 'I forgot the name of the' treaty signed after WWII) shrine. Well, that shrine is a war memorial for ALL of Japan's Soldiers, including war criminals. If you can't fathom how ridiculous it is to include war criminals in a war memorial, think about if Germany had a war memorial that included Adolf Hitler and his generals. Well, that's what Japan did. This angered many Asian countries, especially China and Korea. And to add insult to injury, the prime ministers of Japan have been visiting the shrine since 1975, including the current Prime Minister Koizumi. Hmmm . . . talk about a "supposed" secular state.

I'm not trying to write an essay (hence, no published evidence cited) but just giving you something to think about. Well, at least it made me think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home