Holiday Cheer
Yo, Yo, Yo! Merry Holidays!!! Mwuhahaha . . . I've been out of the loop for a while because I've been really busy w/ all this holiday crap. Sorry blog, that I haven't visited you in a while. This is your Christmas gift, a blog from me 3 days before Christmas!!! I'll fill you in on what's been happening . . .
Well, I recently got sick - AGAIN!!! The third time in 2 months, and this time, it was the most worse of the 3. I caught the flu on Friday 12/16 and it was pretty damn wierd how I got it. We were having our office holiday party and I was buzzing pretty good off of wine (need to learn about wine because I didn't have a clue about it) and didn't really feel bad except for a minor cold (or so I assumed). I planned on taking some Dayquil earlier that day, but decided it wouldn't be a good mix w/ the alcohol. Afterwards, I attended another Christmas party (which was also awesome, thank you Chris and Kayson for being great hosts, and especially Kayson for cooking a great dinner), and continued to drink wine there. After our gift exchange (which by the way I got an iPod nano - thanks very mucho Duke), I thought I started feeling hungover because all of a sudden I had a huge headache. But then I also realized that when I swallowed it hurt like hell too. I started coughing up some crap, then thought, "Oh shit, I think I'm getting sick." When I got home, I realized I had the flu because the whole way home I had the heater on full blast and I was still freezing my ass off. Sucked too because I was supposed to go home the next day for a dinner w/ friends and take my brother home from Vegas. Obviously that didn't work out . . . so this whole past weekend I was at home in bed, body aching, feverish body wrapped in all sorts of cloth freezing, head hurting, throat suffering, mind spinning, and getting high off of Nyquil. Fell behind on Christmas shopping because of it. Thought I was better on Monday, went to work, played basketball, had a damn recurrence of symptoms Monday evening. Fuck me, I thought a little bit of sweat and a shot of endorphines would help cure me faster, but it didn't so I took Tuesday off. Went back to work on Wednesday and played basketball again, but this time didn't have a recurrence. Nice . . .
Well, that was my adventure through the amazonian wilderness of bacteria invading my organs.
Christmas shopping, and all the other random happenings, however, was fun. As usual I was at Tao on Thursday. That was fun. Shopping for the peeps was also fun too! Buying DVDs, alcohol, and other goodies kept my interest at a high for I was feeling like a hunter on a scavenger hunt. Lee's Discount Liquor - an awesome place. I swear it's like Disneyland (or more synonymous The Disney Store). Trying to figure out the right alcohol for the right person is such a mind teaser. Shopping anywhere else can be so stressful w/ all the damn lines and people getting in your way - but if you make it fun by just observing how stupid people will act just to get 1 person ahead of you in line or try to beat you at getting a product, it'll make shopping go that much faster. . . . Oh yeah, thanks to my buddy whose been staying up a few nights even though they've got work at the butt crak of dawn. Even though I'm not fully recovered from my flu (well, I was never fully recovered from the previous 2 sicknesses - damn that makes me sound like somebody the CDC needs to watchover), I'm still gonna party it up, beginning w/ tonight, as usual, at Tao. Tomorrow night on 12/23, who knows where? The 24th and the 25th will be reserved specifically for the familia. The 26th will be for the Outlaws at Dianne's annual Christmas gathering. If I get too drunk, I won't be going in to work on Tuesday the 27th. Then NYE baby!!! Oh yeah, that's gonna be fun! Well, don't wanna put too much expectations for the event, but definitely will be a lot of alcohol flowing.
I've been extremely happy with a lot of the gifts I've received so far . . . many of them have to do w/ alcohol! I got a flask, Sky Vodka, and I know my Mom got me one of those shot machine thingies to automatically pour you a shot (I'm not supposed to know but my brother showed me and I was super excited). Damn, I use to be more of a binge drinker, but I think I'm becoming a freakin' lush. Definitely, one of my New Year's resolution will NOT be to drink less alcohol. Maybe, not get as drunk (moreso of a buzz), but not less alcohol. That's it for now, I'll update again sometime this weekend, for a double whammy. Oh yeah, nobody please bother me for the 3 hours that the Lakers vs. Heat game is on during Christmas. 100% of my attention will be focused on that. Until next time, Merry Holidays and all that Jazz!!!
Well, I recently got sick - AGAIN!!! The third time in 2 months, and this time, it was the most worse of the 3. I caught the flu on Friday 12/16 and it was pretty damn wierd how I got it. We were having our office holiday party and I was buzzing pretty good off of wine (need to learn about wine because I didn't have a clue about it) and didn't really feel bad except for a minor cold (or so I assumed). I planned on taking some Dayquil earlier that day, but decided it wouldn't be a good mix w/ the alcohol. Afterwards, I attended another Christmas party (which was also awesome, thank you Chris and Kayson for being great hosts, and especially Kayson for cooking a great dinner), and continued to drink wine there. After our gift exchange (which by the way I got an iPod nano - thanks very mucho Duke), I thought I started feeling hungover because all of a sudden I had a huge headache. But then I also realized that when I swallowed it hurt like hell too. I started coughing up some crap, then thought, "Oh shit, I think I'm getting sick." When I got home, I realized I had the flu because the whole way home I had the heater on full blast and I was still freezing my ass off. Sucked too because I was supposed to go home the next day for a dinner w/ friends and take my brother home from Vegas. Obviously that didn't work out . . . so this whole past weekend I was at home in bed, body aching, feverish body wrapped in all sorts of cloth freezing, head hurting, throat suffering, mind spinning, and getting high off of Nyquil. Fell behind on Christmas shopping because of it. Thought I was better on Monday, went to work, played basketball, had a damn recurrence of symptoms Monday evening. Fuck me, I thought a little bit of sweat and a shot of endorphines would help cure me faster, but it didn't so I took Tuesday off. Went back to work on Wednesday and played basketball again, but this time didn't have a recurrence. Nice . . .
Well, that was my adventure through the amazonian wilderness of bacteria invading my organs.
Christmas shopping, and all the other random happenings, however, was fun. As usual I was at Tao on Thursday. That was fun. Shopping for the peeps was also fun too! Buying DVDs, alcohol, and other goodies kept my interest at a high for I was feeling like a hunter on a scavenger hunt. Lee's Discount Liquor - an awesome place. I swear it's like Disneyland (or more synonymous The Disney Store). Trying to figure out the right alcohol for the right person is such a mind teaser. Shopping anywhere else can be so stressful w/ all the damn lines and people getting in your way - but if you make it fun by just observing how stupid people will act just to get 1 person ahead of you in line or try to beat you at getting a product, it'll make shopping go that much faster. . . . Oh yeah, thanks to my buddy whose been staying up a few nights even though they've got work at the butt crak of dawn. Even though I'm not fully recovered from my flu (well, I was never fully recovered from the previous 2 sicknesses - damn that makes me sound like somebody the CDC needs to watchover), I'm still gonna party it up, beginning w/ tonight, as usual, at Tao. Tomorrow night on 12/23, who knows where? The 24th and the 25th will be reserved specifically for the familia. The 26th will be for the Outlaws at Dianne's annual Christmas gathering. If I get too drunk, I won't be going in to work on Tuesday the 27th. Then NYE baby!!! Oh yeah, that's gonna be fun! Well, don't wanna put too much expectations for the event, but definitely will be a lot of alcohol flowing.
I've been extremely happy with a lot of the gifts I've received so far . . . many of them have to do w/ alcohol! I got a flask, Sky Vodka, and I know my Mom got me one of those shot machine thingies to automatically pour you a shot (I'm not supposed to know but my brother showed me and I was super excited). Damn, I use to be more of a binge drinker, but I think I'm becoming a freakin' lush. Definitely, one of my New Year's resolution will NOT be to drink less alcohol. Maybe, not get as drunk (moreso of a buzz), but not less alcohol. That's it for now, I'll update again sometime this weekend, for a double whammy. Oh yeah, nobody please bother me for the 3 hours that the Lakers vs. Heat game is on during Christmas. 100% of my attention will be focused on that. Until next time, Merry Holidays and all that Jazz!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home